cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access power settings on MX882?

aoertel
Contributor

How do I access the power settings on the MX882 using windows 10?  None of the online documentation mentions windows 10 and instead refers to windows 7 as the most current version.    I've tried right clicking on the printer under Settings/Devices, but it doesn't do anything (no options show up).  The reason I want to access teh power settings is that the printer goes to sleep every hour or so and I have to manually start it back up.  I've tried deleting all teh drivers and completely reinstalling it with the most current drivers, but it has no effect.  Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

For Windows 10, right-click the Start menu and choose Control Panel.

Once there, you can access Printers or Devices and Printers to access the Printer Preferences menu for the unit.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sorry this was not helpful.  I navigated to the Devices adn Drinters menu and "printer properties" section is says the printer will not be available when the computer sleeps and to change the settings I need to go to the network and sharing center. If I wish to print when the computer is asleep, do I just need to set my computer so that it never sleeps?  Seems counterintuitive if I am trying to print from Google cloud and I may not be near my main computer when I send something to it.

Announcements