cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i scan pages to one document from my mg7120?

THG
Apprentice

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

These general instructions might help:

http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/Scanning-mutiple-pages-into-one-combine...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hello. When I downloaded the mp navigator ex and opened it,this was the response...

(I have a canon mg7120)

scanner Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 8.25.18 AM.pngI downloaded the MP Navigator Ex and this is the response I got:

THG
Apprentice

Hi. i'm still trying to find a solution to the problem.  Dowloading the MP Navigator didn't help. thanks!

Ramona
Authority

Hi THG,

The MP Navigator program is not compatible with the PIXMA MG7120.  The PIXMA MG7120 comes with the IJ Scan Utility program to utilize the scanning function of the printer.  To scan multiple pages into a single page document using the IJ Scan Utility, please follow these steps:

1. Start IJ Scan Utility.

2. In the Canon IJ Scan Utility window that opens, click SETTINGS.... in the bottom right of the window. The Settings dialog box appears.

3. Click the DOCUMENT SCAN option on the left pane of the window.

4. In the right pane of the window, locate the SELECT SOURCE field and select the DOCUMENT option.

5. Set the color mode, document size, and scanning resolution as required in the rest of the fields shown in the window. Click DOCUMENT SCAN ORIENTATION SETTINGS... to specify the orientation of the documents to be scanned.

6. In the SAVE SETTINGS section of the window, you will select the save format and location of the document you are about to scan.

a.) In the FILE NAME field, specify the name you would like to give the file. By default the filename will begin with IMG; you can remove IMG and change it to whatever you would like to name the file.

b.) In the DATA FORMAT field, use the drop-down arrow to select the PDF (Multiple Pages) option.

c.) In the SAVE IN field, please navigate to the area where you would like the file to be saved once it is scanned in. By default, the file will be saved in the DOCUMENTS folder.

7. Once all settings have been selected, click the OK button at the bottom of the SETTINGS (DOCUMENT SCAN) window. The IJ Scan Utility main screen appears.

8. Click the DOCUMENT button. Scanning starts. After a page has scanned, the screen to continue or end scanning appears. If you have more pages to scan (for example, when scanning a multi-page document to save as a multiple page PDF), place the next page on the platen and click Scan. Do this each time a page has completed scanning. After the last page has been scanned, click Exit. Scanned images are saved in previously selected folder location specified in the SETTINGS... window. Click the CANCEL button to cancel scanning if needed during scanning.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements