04-03-2015 09:29 PM
How do I scan document and save to computer so I can attach to email? I have canon mg2120 printer.
04-03-2015 09:41 PM
Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!
To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
04-04-2015 10:01 AM
I use windows 8.1.
09-14-2017 04:17 PM
Windows 10 up-to-date
04-13-2015 03:28 AM
There is program that comes with the printer called MP Navigator that can assist you with scanning a document. Once the document is scanned in, you can open your email program and attach the file that was scanned. To scan using MP Navigator, please follow these steps:
1. Start MP Navigator EX.
2. When MP Navigator opens, click on the SCAN/IMPORT option at the top left of the window, then click the PHOTOS/DOCUMENTS (PLATEN) option.
3. Place the document you want to scan on the platen glass, then select your Document Type (either Color or Black and White Photo or Document).
3-1. Please note: When you select Magazine(Color), the Descreen function will be enabled and scanning takes longer
than usual. To disable the Descreen function, deselect the Descreen checkbox in the Scan Settings dialog box.
3-2. Select Text(OCR) to extract the text in the image and convert to editable text data using MP Navigator EX. This setting is not available when the Compress scanned images when transferring checkbox is selected on the General tab of the Preferences dialog box.
3-3. Color scanning is not available for Text(OCR). To scan in color, use OCR in One-click and scan with Color Mode set to Color.
4. Click SPECIFY... to modify the document size and resolution as required, then click OK. By default, the document size selected is 'Auto Detect', and the Resolution selected is '300 dpi'. Both of these settings are usually satisfactory if you want to scan a document in as-is. If you need to specify a higher resolution scan or specific document size, please click on the 'SPECIFY' button.
5. Click the green SCAN button on the screen. Scanning starts. When scanning is completed, the Scan Complete dialog box opens.
6. Select SCAN or EXIT. You will select 'Scan' to scan the next document if there is one, or select 'Exit' to end scanning.
7. The scanned images appear in the Thumbnail window. Please put a checkmark under the images you want to save.
8. Save the scanned images by either selecting the 'SAVE' or 'SAVE AS PDF' option on the bottom left-hand corner of the window.
8-1. Selecting the 'SAVE' option will give you the choice of saving a file in an image format such as JPEG, BMP, or TIFF.
8-2. Selecting the 'SAVE AS PDF' option will save your file in a PDF format. This is good for saving documents, letters, etc.
9. Once you make a selection in Step 8 above, a window will appear giving you additional options for the file you are trying to save.
9-1. The 'SAVE IN' section will show you where the document is going to be saved. By default, the files are saved in the Pictures folder in a folder labeled 'MP Navigator EX'. If you would like to specify a different location to save the files to, please click on the 'BROWSE..' button and select the location where you want to save the file, the press the 'OK' button to return to the save window.
9-2. The 'FILE NAME' section will let you name the file you are saving. By default, the file name will be 'IMG'; you can delete that out and name the file whatever you like.
9-3. The 'SAVE AS TYPE' section will allow you to choose the file output type. If you selected an image file, you will have the option of JPEG/EXIF, BMP or TIFF; if you selected the 'Save as PDF' option, you will be able to save the file as a single or multi-page PDF file.
9-4. The 'SAVE TO A SUBFOLDER WITH THE CURRENT DATE' option will let you save the file in a subfolder with the current date inside of the folder location you selected in step 9-1 above. If do not want a subfolder created with the current date inside of the folder you selected in step 9-1 above, please uncheck the 'Save to a Subfolder with Current Date' option.
10. Click the SAVE button. The scanned images will be saved according to the settings you selected above.
11. Once the file is save, you will be given the option to 'OPEN SAVE LOCATION' or 'CLOSE'. I would suggest selecting 'Close', and then going directly to the location where you specified the file be saved to. From there, you should be able to double-click on the file to open it. This is also the location that you will navigate to when attaching the item to your email program.
If you do not have the MP Navigator program installed on your computer, it is available for download from our website; please click here to go to the Drivers and Software page for the PIXMA MG2120. Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:
1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.
2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "SOFTWARE" section and click the MP NAVIGATOR file. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.
Once you have downloaded the MP Navigator file, please double-click on it and follow the prompts to install it on your computer.
Hope this helps!
This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.
09-14-2017 04:25 PM
Ramona-I can't find Accept As Solution in response to coleenb. I have Windows 10. I downloaded the 731 page MG2120 manual and can't find MP Navigator EX. Poor manual has no index or table of contents central time.
09-14-2017 04:50 PM
Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!
The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.
If you are in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.
If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.
We hope this helps!
03/02/2023: New Firmware Updates Are Available:EOS R7 - Version 1.3.0EOS R10 - Version 1.3.0
2/07/2023: New product announcements!EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
Canon U.S.A Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without permission is prohibited.