cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my Canon Pixma MG2922 to center photos on the paper?

animagusurreal
Apprentice

I've tried changing the settings all different ways, but it always leaves a margin on one end as if it's printing a letter instead of a photo. I just printed a landscape photo and it's almost all the way to the left instead of in the center. Portrait-oriented photos are almost all the way at the top. It shows it this way in the print preview as well. I've had the printer since December and I have not been able to solve this problem. Thanks :).

6 REPLIES 6

Ramona
Authority

Hi animagusurreal,

So we can better assist you, please reply with what operating system you have on your computer (version of Windows or Mac OS X), and what program you are using to print the photos.  

For more immedate assistance, please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) and a Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Windows Vista. I tried printing both through Photoshop and through the Canon printer menu.

Hello.

When printing from Photoshop, try using the Crop tool and crop the image to the same dimensions as the paper you will be printing on.  This should properly center the image.

If you continue to have difficulties with this issue, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The image is pushed to left side of the paper regardless of what size it is or how it's cropped. There seems to be some sort of uneven border around it. It even shows in print preview. 

Here it is in Photoshop print preview. This accurately represents how the image appears on the paper: 

Canon Print Example 1.jpg

Here, I altered the above screengrab to show you how I would like it print on the paper:

Canon Print Example 2.jpg

Here's a portrait-oriented image with the same problem, only now the image is pushed to the top of the paper:

Canon Print Example 3.jpg

Here's the first image in Canon's Image Garden print preview, showing that the problem persists outside of Photoshop:

Canon Print Example 4.jpg

Is this some kind of border setting, and is there a way to turn it off? 

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Hi

I have the same problem. Can you tell me what the solution is.

The Picture previews OK but shifts left when it prints and does not leave a border.

Using Windows 10 and controling from the PC

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements