cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a "save-as" option when I scan something?

schro_cat
Apprentice

I have an MG 3220 and am using Canon Quick Menu v. 2.0. I see the 'Scan Settings' dialog where I can tell it where to save photos and documents. I would like it to ASK EVERY TIME I scan something. I do not want all of my scans to go into the same folder with the same default name.

Is there a way to scan a photo or document and have it NOT automatically save it without asking for a name and location?

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

It is a networked printer. The two computers I use to access it run Windows 8.1 (most frequent access) and Windows 7 (less frequent access).

Ramona
Authority

Hi schro_cat,

To have the system prompt you to change the file name and save location after each scan, please follow these steps:

1. Open the IJ Scan Utility.

2. Click the SETTINGS button at the bottom of the window.

3. Select either the Photo Scan or Document Scan option from the left side of the window depending on what you will be scanning, then in the SAVE SETTINGS section, ensure that the CHECK SCAN RESULTS checkbox is checked.

4.  Select any other desired settings in the window, then click the OK button to save the changes and return to the main IJ Scan Utility window.

5.  Please click either the DOCUMENT or PHOTO button, depending on what you are trying to scan.  Once the scan is completed, a window will appear where you can change the filename and select the save location.  This should now happen every time that a scan is performed as long as you have the Check Scan Rsults checkbox selected in the Settings window.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements