My Canon ip100 will no longer let me cancel a print job. I will click cancel and the print job will stay on the list of items to print and will not be canceled. If I try to click the "X" again I get an error saying that job is already canceled and if I click the pause button I also get an error that the job is already canceled.
Because the print job won't dissapear from the queue, the other print jobs won't go through. If I turn my computer off and back on, I can at least print the canceled job and that "unsticks" it from the queue. The problem is that -as it happened today- I had a 58 page document and re-printing it wasn't an option.
So how do I go about being able to really cancel a print job and have it go away from the queue so I can print other items?
I am on a Mac, latest OS.
Thank you in advance.
Resetting the printer system on your Mac may resolve the issue you are experiencing. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Go to your Apple icon on the upper left corner of your screen.
2. Click System Preferences.
3. Click Print & Fax
4. Right click your printer on the left and select "Reset printer system". Note: If right click does not work, press and hold the control key on your keyboard and then click the mouse button.
5. If your printer is still listed on the left select your printer and then click the minus (-) button to delete it.
6. Restart your Mac.
Next, please download the latest drivers for the printer from the Canon USA website. The following link will take you to the PIXMA iP100 Drivers and Software page:
PIXMA iP100 Drivers and Software page
Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:
1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.
2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "DRIVERS" section and click on the CUPS file. When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download will appear.
3. Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button. After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, follow the instructions to download and install the driver. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.
Once you have downloaded and installed the CUPS drivers from the website, please follow the steps above to also download the software for your computer, except you will want to click on the word SOFTWARE in step 2 to display and download the software. Once you have installed the CUPS drivers and software, please restart your Mac and attempt to print.
Hope this helps!
This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.