cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble using MX922 Scanner, connected to Time Capsule via USB. Can Print, but not scan.

knpventura
Apprentice

I am using a new iMac, running OS X 10.9.1.  The Printer is connected directly to the time capsule via USB.  I can see the printer and confirmed printing works. 

I downloaded and installed ScanGear and the Canon IJ Network tool.  The Network tool does not see the scanner.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Peter

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The unit will not be able to scan with a USB connection to a print server or Time Capsule.  The USB connection is only intended to be used directly with a compatible Windows or Mac OSX computer.

If you would like assistance with the wireless setup, please contact our support group using the link below.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sort of my problem. The Printer prints on my Mac running Big Sur but scanner does not work. I get Canon MX920 series and then (84.ba.3b.0b.d5.26) Those last set of numbers are new to me and only appeared after scanner stopped being available,
Announcements