cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7020 ink replenishment

Hguilmette
Contributor

Great printer and love the no-cartridge ink system. 

Question:do I have to wait until the color is empty before refilling, or am I able to replenish mid-stream? Having to tip the bottle over and basically attaching it, how will I stop it without a major mess? 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You can refill the ink as much as you like, but there is really no need to do so until ithe level is low and you are notified to refill.

The ink containers are designed to be "dripless" but you may experience a drip when removing the ink bottle.  handy items are a napkin and Q-tip.  Go slowly and take your time refilling for best results:

Canon Knowledge Base - Refilling the Ink Tanks - G7020  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You can refill the ink as much as you like, but there is really no need to do so until ithe level is low and you are notified to refill.

The ink containers are designed to be "dripless" but you may experience a drip when removing the ink bottle.  handy items are a napkin and Q-tip.  Go slowly and take your time refilling for best results:

Canon Knowledge Base - Refilling the Ink Tanks - G7020  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hguilmette
Contributor
Thank you
Announcements