cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G620 Firmware Update Hangs and Displays Message "Please Wait Momentarily"

jreitsema
Apprentice

I unboxed my Pixma G620 and connected it to my desktop running Windows 11 Pro via a USB connection. I made multiple attempts to connect wirelessly from several devices but the setup failed every time. Then I printed one page using the USB connection. Then the printer display said there was a firmware update available. I pressed "OK" to install the update. The printer displayed the message "Please wait momentarily".  Three days later it still displays that message. It is unresponsive to all button presses, including the power button.  What should I do?  Does Canon provide support for their products or do I just get to chat with other users?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you.  I did contact Canon support.  The problem was that the printer was not connected to wifi so it could not download the firmware update.  I pulled the plug to power it down and then powered up with no issues. I connected the printer to wifi and successfully installed the firmware update.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I recommend reaching out to Canon support for this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

They are available, Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST excluding holidays.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Thank you.  I did contact Canon support.  The problem was that the printer was not connected to wifi so it could not download the firmware update.  I pulled the plug to power it down and then powered up with no issues. I connected the printer to wifi and successfully installed the firmware update.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements