cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G6020 "Not Responding"

danjody
Contributor

I bought a G6020 last week.  It seems to have a problem where it will print one document and then fail into a "not responding" state, and nothing else can be printed until the computer is restarted.  I was able to connect to the web interface when it was in this state, so networking issues can be ruled out.  I even disabled the "Wireless Direct" feature as we are not using it.  The printer is connected to our WiFi, and is approximately 3 feet from the router.  I have installed the latest drivers from Canon, and made sure the printer had the latest firmware.  How can I solve this problem?

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What operating system (version and build) are you using the printer with?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I am running Windows 10 Pro (build 19045.2251)

It is the family computer, so we have multiple users with accounts.  Not sure if that matters.

danjody
Contributor

Something else that may help.  After printing a 1 page document, the printer continues to display "Printing" and the document stays in the print queue (It doesn't get deleted as you would expect).  Then we get dialog boxes saying the "Printer not responding"

drbrockdvm
Apprentice

I'm having the same issue - it only occurs when printing from the desktop. Does not occur when printing from a phone. I have reinstalled the software multiple times, ensured the drivers are up to date. 

I'm seriously considering returning the printer - any help would be appreciated. 

drbrockdvm
Apprentice

danjody - did you ever find a solution???

No.  I still hate this printer.  Getting anything to print requires a lot of playing around, restarting computers, restarting the printer, etc.  I just saw that there was a firmware update, so I tried applying it.  It failed and told me to hit the "on" button, so I did.  Now none of the buttons work and the little light above just blinks.

mmanley
Apprentice

I have a G7000 series printer; same problem. After printing a page, it gets stuck and refuses to delete the completed document. I found a workaround (do not like it): after printing, I hit "stop" on the printer. Eventually then it deletes the completed job, and goes on to the next.

Announcements