cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G6020 custom paper size for photo

dnilsen
Apprentice

I have a g6020 and am trying to print onto photo matte paper that is a custom size. When I try to create the paper size in Page Setup and then select borderless printing, it automatically reverts to 8.5x11 and eliminates the custom size I created. I am on Windows 10. Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Most printers will not print borderless to custom paper sizes. There are sponges in the printer that collect overspray from borderless printing and they are located at specific paper sizes. Printers don’t alway print borderless at all of the standard sizes they are compatible with. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Most printers will not print borderless to custom paper sizes. There are sponges in the printer that collect overspray from borderless printing and they are located at specific paper sizes. Printers don’t alway print borderless at all of the standard sizes they are compatible with. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I didn't realize this was the case. That explains my problem. Thanks for your help.

This is not true.  The pads already cover overspray for 8.5" x 11" paper which should be the entirety of the printable area.  This is simply laziness on the driver software developer who doesn't want to auto calculate overspray on custom sizes.  I'm having to back print 8.5" paper from both sides to acheive 8.5" x 17".  I print on one side then flip the paper over, reverse the print orientation and print the opposite side up to the missing area.  I'll look into hacking the driver to fix the developer's laziness.

Stephen

Hey there!

I'm not a tech, but I found this, and it might be helpful: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART164385

This article didn't cover the issue.  I suggested a fix and the driver needs to be updated to support longer paper. 

RRFreeman
Apprentice

Note: Also applies to the G620.

Announcements