cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G6000 Inkjet - Yellow No Longer Printing

danomer
Apprentice

All colors have worked beautifully since installing.  Suddenly, yellow has stopped working.  Tank is half full.  Clean and Deep Clean has been done multiple times.  No change.  Removed the color print head and can see a yellow liguid bubble at the nozzle which would seem to indicate the tube is not clogged.  Before trying Flush was wondering if the problem could be with the color print head?

12 REPLIES 12

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi danomer,

Please perform an ink flush to resolve this issue:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/G6000%20series/EN/NTR/ntr_h_01.html

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So, only buy this printer if you want to buy a whole **bleep** new tank at the same frequency you used to have to buy a little overpriced cartidge Great selling point.

Yellow not working, so I did cleaning and deep cleaning (all tanks are nearly full.)

After deep cleaning, now cyan is not working either. 

OK, will flush, wil buy all new ink, but I hate you.

This is by the way not at all eco friendly. 

(To clarify, I do not hate OP, I hate Canon.)

Oh by the way the satisfaction survey won't let me say I'm dissatisfied (I did not even swear.)

The exact same thing just happened to me. Yellow went missing first, and followed by cyan after deep cleaning. Doesn't seem like the individual nozzles got clogged as the check pattern is completely blank for those colors. Just curious, does ink flusing work for you?

I had missing cyan and flushing worked - for now.

I got my printer in March 2021. The problem occurred halfway through the first ream of paper I used.  I only noticed the missing color last week.  

Watching the "flushing" I first thought that maybe it was doing one color at a time, because the level of th yellow droppd faster during th first 2 cycles, the magenta just a little and the cyan just showed a few bubbles. 

The cyan level didn't drop to match the magenta level until the 5th cycle. 

They aren't kidding when they say it uses a lot of ink.  My estimate is that wastes a third of each tank, enough to  print ~2500 pages . if this happens again I'm going to be very disturbed by the performance of this prrinter. The s530 and mx922 I had previously worked fine for years with aftermarket ink.   

In case this was due to my selecting BW draft printing for the past month, I'm going to "waste" ink by doing all printing in "normal color mode and print a test sheet every week. 

houseofc
Contributor
The ink flushing did work and used up a third of each tank.
I print at last one full color eight page doc a week and usually a handful of other stuff, always at least normal quality.
I am still beyond pissed that the printer’s best selling point is a total lie. When this one bites the dust - that is, when the tanks are dry(ebay) or the nozzles are clogged to a complete solid block of inert matter (percussive defenestration) no Canon no more.
Original ink, too, fwiw.

I'm setting up a recurring Google Calendar event to remind me every week to print a test sheet, with a link in the description to the test sheet I've created. 

I don't think it's fair to blame Canon for what happens when an ink tank runs dry, because every inkjet printer including the old 300 dpi models had the same characteristic.

IMO, every inkjet printer advertised to normal consumers rather than businesses should have an built in maintenance option to automatically print a test sheet if it hasn't been used for 4 days. 

I do believe it's fair to blame Canon for not including a warning about refilling the tanks and that you can do it before  they run dry.

The manual they have online makes a big deal about that:

• To obtain optimum print quality, we recommend to refill the ink tank with ink up to the upper limit line at least once a year.

Note

• Color ink may be consumed even when printing a black-and-white document or when black-and-white printing is specified. Every ink is also consumed in the standard cleaning and deep cleaning of the print head, which may be necessary to maintain the performance of the printer.

When ink runs low, promptly refill it.

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/G6000%20series/EN/UG/ug-127.html

PDF manuals for the Canin G6020 are at: https://bit.ly/312nkX5 (the forum sw wouldn't accept the full ink as valid)

houseofc
Contributor
I’ve only had it for a year, though. And the tanks were still nearly full. What bothers me is that if the ink had been lower, i would have had to go buy more way before i’d need it because it’s possible that suddenly my printer would become a paperweight, and it might be just when i urgently need it. and that is not a thing Canon emphasizes upfront. ‘oh by the way, it’s possible you’ll suddenly need a ton more ink for this printer we are advertising specifically for not having to refill all the time, so always buy a lot ahead of time’ who would buy it?
Announcements