cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G5020 Won't accept default to cassette paper source

Liberty4Ever
Apprentice

I have a few iOS devices which print just fine, but from my Windows 10 laptop I get error message about adding paper to rear tray, when I want to use the cassette, which has plenty of paper.  Even though I set the properties to use my setting (including the cassette as paper source) as the default, before pressing Print, that doesn't stay.  After the error message about the rear tray, I look at the properties again, the source is changed to rear tray.

I went to print preferences, Page Setup tab, Print Options dialog box, and checked "Disable the paper source setting of the application software"...problem NOT solved.

What I want to do is always by default to use the cassette, and print on plain paper.  I want to use the rear tray only for printing photos, or media other than plain paper.  I keep my printer in a desk where I don't have enough room to extend the rear tray. 

The problem started when I tried to print an e-mail from Outlook 2013, which I still can't do.

Any help would be appreciated.  TIA

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Just to confirm, when you installed the printer on your laptop did you select add printer or did you download/install the driver from the Canon website? 

We look forward to your reply. 

I probably downloaded and installed from the web site, but not sure.  I did NOT use the install CD.

I am now able to print from Firefox correctly.

Announcements