cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G4210 printer prints partial pages and stops printing

krisknut
Apprentice

My G4210 printer is connected via USB to a Mac computer. When I print from the Mac, it almost always prints a partial page, then stops. The print queue still lists the document, but says the printer is not connected and the queue is paused. If I resume the printer, it often prints another partial page, often of the same page it printed before.

This is very frustrating and wastes a lot of paper and ink.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You've told us the model of the printer and that its connected via USB.  What version of MAC OS are you running?

Did the printer ever print normally?

What drivers did you install (be specific) when the printer was installed?

Did you install the printer under a earlier OS and then upgrade without installing new/updated software?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I'm using Mac OS 10.14.6.

The printer is new. It never printed normally via USB connection. I don't believe I updated the Mac OS since I got the printer.

I installed the Canon G4210 Mac software, but that seemed to be for printing photos, and it didn't fix the printer problems I'm having so I deleted that software. I read somewhere that I should use just the Mac drivers that come with the computer, but am continuing to have the problems. 

The printer prints somewhat better via Google Cloud Print.

Hi krisknut,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements