cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G1200: Tired of Streaks

Baron
Apprentice

I bought a Canon G1200 Pixma printer a while back and while I usually just print black & white documents, I print a few things in color maybe a few times a month. When printing any color graphic I often get poor color reproduction, and almost always get streaks of the wrong color all through the picture. When the printer was new I could go through the cleaning process a few times and eventually get an acceptable print. Nowadays I can go through two regular cleanings, the next step cleaning, and the final step big deal cleaning, and still get the streaks. I'm just so sick of it. I spent a lot of money on this thing, and my work looks awful. Is there something I'm missing here? Thanks.

The garbage print from my CanonThe garbage print from my CanonActual Graphic I want to printActual Graphic I want to print2nd Actual Graphic I want to print2nd Actual Graphic I want to print

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I recommend reaching out to Canon support for this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Baron
Apprentice

My printer has already been "registered," which is just a marketing tool. And "support" at this point means paying extra for a phone call. In other words, useless. Sadly, the disappointment in Canon products that I've developed because of this printer's poor value and performance can only make future purchases unlikely. I thought maybe the "community" here would have experienced something similar and might suggest a solution I hadn't known about. If that's not the case, I'll make do with B&W printing until I absolutely need color printing capability again, or this printer fails altogether. And then I'll purchase a new printer from someone else. Meantime I definitely won't be purchasing a Canon printer for my kid to use at college.

Announcements