cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to communicate with the printer.

lucasahall
Apprentice

From all of my apps (android and iOS) i get this stupid error.  

"Failed to communicate with the printer.  Check Printer connection.  If there is no problem with the connection, open your smart phone's settings and check that this app has been granted local network access."

I can print just fine from wired devices such as my home PC and also from a wireless laptop.  It is just not working for my apps on myy phones and tablets.

I have uninstalled an reinstalled on the phones and tablets.  I have removed the printer and reinstalled it on windows.  I have checked the print queue as well as the spooler.  The connection is just fine with the printer as I am a wireless network engineer.

So why does this Canon Print app suck so bad?

3 REPLIES 3

Abel
Enthusiast

Hi, lucasahall!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know the printer model you own. 

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

lucasahall
Apprentice
TS9120

Hi lucasahall,

On your TS9120, please tap the Wi-Fi icon in the lower left corner.

If a password message appears, please tap Yes.  In the list that appears, please take note of the network listed next to SSID.

On your iPhone, please return to the main screen of your phone and tap Settings.

In Settings, tap Wi-Fi.  Please make sure that your iPhone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as is listed under SSID on your TS9120.

Once connected to the same network, please open Safari.  When a web page loads in Safari, please tap airpint.png.  In the menu that appears, scroll down and tap Print.  In the Printer Options window tap Select Printer and select the TS9100 series.  Once selected, please tap Print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements