cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon pixma mp280 drivers for MacOS Big Sur

rick_canon
Contributor

Hello. I just upgraded to MacOS Big Sur. I downloaded the latest drivers for this printer from the Canon's website, but they do not work. Can you please tell me if Canon has printer drivers for this printer and macos big sur? Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have very good news. The printer driver was already installed in my computer. I just had to remove the printer from the list of printers in system preferences, and add it again. When I added the printer, the software appeared and was ready to use. Thanks for your help. Rick. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The support site for your model shows MP280 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.40.1.0 (Mac) as compatible with Big Sir.

You'll need the ICA driver 4.0.0.a to scan or the MP280 series Scanner Driver Ver.18.2.0 (Mac) which supports TWAIN compliant applications. 

Not sure what driver you installed? 

Support | MP Series | PIXMA MP280 | Canon USA

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello. I "duplicated" my post because I did not realize that this was a different forum (Printer > Multifunction Support vs Printer > Personal Printing). 

THe driver that you mentioned in your post is the one I Installed, but Big Sur says it is incompatible and it does not run under Big Sur. 

Actually, when I visit the support site for my model MP280 Series, it says that it is detecting that I have macOS Catalina as my operating system, which is not correct. But if I go to the Operating System menu and select Big Sur 11.0, it shows the same driver as for Catalina. It should be a new driver. 

In addition, I installed the scaner drivers and they were installed correctly under Big Sur. But what I need is the driver for the printer functions, not for the scanner functions. 

I would like the Canon Tech Support to be aware of this issue so they can provide an updated printer driver. 

Thanks! 

In addition, I have a small problem with this forum. I am not getting messages in my Email when someone replies to my message. I have to come here in person to check if I have replies. 

On the  right column of this post, I have checked "email me when someone replies".

I have also checked in Canon Community > My Settings > Preferences and I have checked "automatically subscribe me to topics or reviews I participate in". 

I went to the apple support forums and read that if the driver for this printer was updated on 10/02/20, it could not have been tested for Big Sur, which was released later. So I think Canon has to update the printer driver for Big Sur.

As a note: Big Sur is 64-bit. I don't know if the latest driver that Canon has for this printer is 64-bit or 32-bit.

Thanks.

I have very good news. The printer driver was already installed in my computer. I just had to remove the printer from the list of printers in system preferences, and add it again. When I added the printer, the software appeared and was ready to use. Thanks for your help. Rick. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements