cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error E5 on Canon Pixma MP160

51Alien
Apprentice

Hello everyone.I own a Pixma MP160 Printer.I did not use this printer in 4 months,and i wanted to make it work again,but the printer spits out error E5. I have tried EVERYTHING.(solutions from forums,from YouTube videos),yet nothing worked. I even changed the black and white cartrige yet that didn't do anything. I also tried using MPTool,but to no avail.I hope you can help me get this problem fixed. I spent the entire day doing all of this.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi 51Alien,

The E 5 error is an indication that your PIXMA MP160 does not recognize that one or both cartridges installed.

The PIXMA MP160 requires that both the black and the color ink cartridges are both installed in the printer.  If one is missing, the E 5 error will appear.

Also, please make sure that you are using genuine Canon ink cartridges in your PIXMA MP160.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I do have genuine Canon PG-40 and CL-41 cartriges,but the printer does not recognize them and still says error E5(my printer wasn't used for 4 years).

Hello.

There may be an issue with the cartridges.  If they are the same ones that have been left in the printer for many years, you may want to try replacing them to see if this resolves the error.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements