cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 5100 PIXMA TS9520

reneeburm
Apprentice

Hello, I am tryng to install my new printer (PIXMA TS9520) and right off the bat I get an error message 5100.  I have tried rebooting multiple times but I keep getting the same error message.  The inks are installed but I can't get past the error message.  I am looking for any help in getting me past this hurdle

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Things to check:

Ink carriage assembly

Ink tanks properly installed

Inspect all paper feeding mechanisms

Dirty encoder strip if applicable

Inspected the inside of the printer for any tape, shipping or packing materials

If all else fails, pack it up and exchange it.  Its brand new. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks

I checked to make sure all of the orange tape has been removed, all ink tanks are installed properly (even though I got this message before the ink tanks were installed), paper feed mechanisms look fine (I haven't used them yet and nothing looks to be obstructing it), not sure what the encoder strip would be and I hate to mess with what I don't know.

I will try to get a hold of the company and get this returned.

I appreciate your feedback.

Hi reneeburm,

Your PIXMA TS9520 may require service.  It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Please let us know what you find.  I am considering buying that model.

Just for my curiousity I followed the service link supplied to see what might be involved (in case I needed service someday).  Many links later I found a place to enter my zip code to locate a service center.   It didn't come up with anything.  Just got this generic support info link with phone numbers.   Why couldn't they have supplied such a  link in the earlier reply to actually assist you more directly.    Maybe your zip code will do better.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair/servicelocation?locations 

I also was poking around on google "Canon Printer Error 5100" and there are tons and tons of issues.   Not feeling good about buying another Canon.   My current Canon is 10 years old and still wonderful.  Maybe I'll just stick with it.

Announcements