cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Photoprint Editor doesn't have bordered print option? Are there any bordered printo options??

Laura_J
Apprentice

After losing Easy PhotoPrint EX when my Mac updated to Catalina at the first of the year, I tried Image Garden and hated it, my photos came out awful colorwise, not having vivid photo as an option is ridiculous. After a ton of searching, I found a download for Easy-PhotoPrint Editor ver 1.4.1 (Mac) listed for another Pixma model and downloaded it hoping it would work with my Pixma MG5320. Yay, it did work and my color matched the output I was getting previously with Easy PhotoPrint EX. The software was a little clunky compared to the simplicity of the past version of Easy PhotoPrint EX, but at least I had photos print with decent color.

But then I went to check on the multiphoto option and while I can print two pics on a 4x6, there isn't a bordered photo option. Is there something I'm missing? I didn't see an option to do a bordered print on a single photo print either. It seems ridiculous that I can cartoonish polka dot borders, but not a simple white border to my prints. Is there an option for bordered prints in any of the Canon software that will work with my Pixma MG5320 and is compatible with Mac Catalina? 

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The PIXMA MG5320 is not compatible with the Catalina operating system.  We would have to advise that you use a computer that is running Windows 10 and earlier or Mac OSX v10.13 and earlier in order to have access to all of the normal driver/software features for this model.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Michael wrote:

Hello.

The PIXMA MG5320 is not compatible with the Catalina operating system.  We would have to advise that you use a computer that is running Windows 10 and earlier or Mac OSX v10.13 and earlier in order to have access to all of the normal driver/software features for this model.

Ummm, my MG5320 works just fine with Catalina. I've just lost access to the Canon software that I was using (Easy PhotoPrint EX) because of Catalina, but the printer drivers and other software were all available on the MG5320 support page. My question was why the compatible versions of Easy PhotoPrint Editor and Image Garden don't have a bordered photo option and in the case of Image Garden, do not allow for the Vivid Photo setting. Again, my printer works just fine with Catalina, I'm not sure why you would say that it isn't. 

Hi Laura_J.

The MG5320 is not supported on Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina).  Drivers supporting the 64 bit architecture haven't been released, and we're unable to support its use with Airprint drivers.  While the old drivers may still be printing on that computer, they appear to be working at a reduced function, causing some features to not appear in My Image Garden.  It is possible that a future OS 10.15 update may cause the printer to cease working entirely with that computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements