cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the MX892 connect via USB cable

zenjoo
Apprentice

Even though this is a wireless printer, can I just leave the usb cable attached and by pass setting up a wireless system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jessica
Enthusiast

Hi Zenjoo, thanks for posting!  The PIXMA MX892 can be plugged into the computer via a standard USB printer cable, as well as be connected wirelessly.  Please note that the printer does not come with a USB cable, you will be required to use the cable off your old printer, or supply your own.  We hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jessica
Enthusiast

Hi Zenjoo, thanks for posting!  The PIXMA MX892 can be plugged into the computer via a standard USB printer cable, as well as be connected wirelessly.  Please note that the printer does not come with a USB cable, you will be required to use the cable off your old printer, or supply your own.  We hope this helps!

Thank you for your prompt reply. Love my Canon products and so will go ahead and order my new printer.....thanks again.

Also, to save yourself a decent chunk of change: USB cables are very overpriced at 'big box' stores such as Best Buy, Radioshack, etc.   Where they might charge $20-$40, a cable from monoprice.com or other online retailer might be just a few dollars.   Just a tip!

Announcements