cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of searchable pdf image using PIXMA MX922 scaner

retiredguy2000
Contributor

According to the PIXMA MX922 manual I should be able to create a searchable pdf document using the U Scan utility.  Manual states that by checking the box in the Data Format Settings that says: Create a pdf image that supports keyword search" a searchable pdf document will be created.  Problem is there is no such option in my U Scan utility.  

Anyone able to help be find a way to scan to a searchable pdf document?

9 REPLIES 9

merrymary247
Rising Star
Okay. Working under the assumption you have the IJ Scan Utility open already.
Click the "Settings" button in the lower right.
Select "Document Scan" from the left-hand column.
Scroll down until you see "Save Settings" on the right.
Underneath "Save Settings" you should see "Data Format: PDF (Multiple Pages)"- to the right will be another button that says "Settings." Click that.
Now you should have a window open with a checkbox to create a PDF file that supports keyword search.

Hope this helps!

Have all that but no option in the Data Format Settings Window to "
Create a pdf image that supports keyword search."

Selecting the "Instructions" button on the "document Scan" Settings window takes me to a canon instruction page that state I should have this option, but it isn't there.

What operating system are you using?

Windows 8.1 64bit

Hmmmm weird. Did you install the driver from the CD or the website?

Website. Did so again today and presume I got the most updated version. Did send an email to Canon support -- hope they will reply with something useful.

Maybe I should try the CD

Website typically has the most up-to-date version. I was going to suggest installing from there if you had installed with disc initially. I double checked, both my Windows 7 and 8.1 computers had the searchable PDF box available.
Announcements