cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does your pixma 922 run through a minute long noisy process after every print or copy

jpetr
Apprentice

After I print/copy it is quiet for a minute and then goes through this minute plus noisy jag like it is trying to feed paper or something.  I can't decide whether or not to return it. or if this is something every pixma 922 does.  It is very annoying.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jpetr,

The noise that you hear your PIXMA MX922 making is a purge operation.  This operation is performed to make sure that your PIXMA MX922 prints accurately on each print.  The noise that you hear is normal.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Why is it so much more annoying than my Cannon 882?  It does it after every print, about one minute after the printing, and lasts for about a minute.  My printer sits right next to me, one foot away and it is so annoying, and I have owned it for only one day.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

To ensure that the unit is working properly, we recommend that you contact our phone support group for live support with this matter.  Please use the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements