cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code 5100 on MP560: with new print head, the carriage slams to the left and makes a grinding sound.

Ecoimp
Apprentice

Cheers,

I have a Canon MP560 printer. Original problem was a B200 code. Have tried Solutions 1-4 multiple times to no effect.
Solution 5: The new print head is not working. When I only put in the new print head, everything sounds fine, it goes through the spooling up, and I receive a U043 code. The issue starts when I open the cover to set in the new Canon P220 and 221 ink cartridges.

The print cartridge slams to the left and makes a grinding noise. The displays shows 5100 code and the amber light blinks twice. I have turned off the power, I have followed the advice to reset printer ink absorber, I have cleaned the clear thin strip, and I have checked for orange protective strips and foreign objects.

What now?

Cheers,

Carol

Solutions 1-5 that I have tried.

Solution 1:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer.
  • Wait 1 hour.
  • Connect the power cable

Solution 2:

• Check and Clean Head contact pin condition of the carriage unit
  • Check Cable connection especially the carriage FFC

Solution 3:

• Turn off the power
  • Open the panel
  • Turn on the power
  • Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left.
  • Let it go past half way
  • Before print carriage reaches left hand side shut the cover.
  • Leave the Printer turned on

Solution 4:

• Unplug the power cable.
  • Open the printer
  • Push the whole print head mechanic to the center
  • While the printer still open, plug the power and turn it ON. 
  • When the printhead still moving and is going to the very LEFT, close the cover. 
  • Wait until its boot up. 

Solution 4a:

• Take out all of the ink cartridges
  • Lift up the grey bar by where the ink goes
  • Left the print head in the middle of the printer all while the printer was off.

Solution 4b (thank you Jeremy😞

• Clean the plastic head primers/cleaners themselves on the printer (the far right) 

Solution 4c (thank you Rhiann😞

• Turn off the printer
  • Open the cover
  • Turn on the printer
  • Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
  • Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
  • Leave the Printer turned on.

Solution 5:

• Replace the printhead
1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Ecoimp,

It would appear as though you have tried many solutions to resolve this error.  At this point, it is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements