cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromebook app crashes [PRINT Inkjet/selphy] trying to print to G3260

tupjohn
Apprentice

I installed the software on my Windows machine and successfully printed

I also installed the Print Inkjet/selphy app on my android phone and printed successfully.

After installing the app on my chromebook it crashes every time I try to run it.  I have uninstalled and re-installed multiple times, cleared cache, given all permissions, restarted multiple times.  All without success.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Tupjohn,

The Canon Print inkjet/selphy app was designed for use with Android or iOS devices and is not compatible with the Chrome OS. If you have a Chromebook, you can connect it using the steps below on your Chromebook.

• At the bottom right, select the time.
  • Select Settings .
  • At the bottom, select Advanced.
  • Under "Printing," select Printers.
  • Next to "Add printer," select Add printer .

Enter your printer information:Name: Enter any name.Address: Enter your printer’s IP address.Protocol: For most printers, the supported connection protocol is IPP.Queue: For most printers, the queue is ipp/print.

• Select Add.

If you do not have the IP address, you can print the network settings using the steps in the link HERE.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Tupjohn,

The Canon Print inkjet/selphy app was designed for use with Android or iOS devices and is not compatible with the Chrome OS. If you have a Chromebook, you can connect it using the steps below on your Chromebook.

• At the bottom right, select the time.
  • Select Settings .
  • At the bottom, select Advanced.
  • Under "Printing," select Printers.
  • Next to "Add printer," select Add printer .

Enter your printer information:Name: Enter any name.Address: Enter your printer’s IP address.Protocol: For most printers, the supported connection protocol is IPP.Queue: For most printers, the queue is ipp/print.

• Select Add.

If you do not have the IP address, you can print the network settings using the steps in the link HERE.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements