cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cartridge install

vbseams
Apprentice

Cartridge install error message. I have taken the cartridges out several times and turned off the printer even unplugged it and continue to get the same message. Don't understand why I'm just now getting this. Have printed with these for over a month now. 

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, vbseams!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Canon TR4520 PIXMA

1682 COL

Install ink cartridges correctly

Hi vbseams,

The 1682 COL error is an indication that the PIXMA TR4520 does not recognize the color ink cartridge.

Please remove the color ink cartridge and make sure that there is no orange tape.

Also, please make sure you are using genuine Canon ink.  The PIXMA TR5420 uses CL-244, CL-246 and CL-246XL ink cartridges:

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/pixma-tr4520-compatible-inks

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Cartridge install error message.

Canon TR4520 PIXMA 1682 COL Install ink cartridges correctly

I have taken the cartridges out several times, replaced with new cartridges, cleaned the contacts on both the cartridges and the printer and turned off the printer even unplugged it and continue to get the same message. Don't understand why I'm just now getting this. Have printed with these for over 2 years now. 

Announcements