cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon website is malfunctioning for MX7600 User Manual download

alove5230
Contributor

I went to the Canon website to download the User Manual for the MX7600 scanner for Windows 8.1. When I click on the Download button, it downloads the website page instead of the manual. Here is the URL for the website page I was using:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx7600#B...

I am trying to download the MX7600 series User Manual (Windows) document.

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi alove5230,

The manual downloads as an executable file that you can double-click on and run from the location that it was saved to and install the manual onto your computer.  It appears that the installation file for the manual is downloading correctly from our end; do you happen to have another web browser that you can try and download the manual from to see if it downloads correctly?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, I can see the zip file downloaded and the contents were unpacked.

But every time I try to open them, it only redirects me back to the Canon website page where I downloaded the file.

Nothing I do ever opens the manual.

If there is a manual in here somehwere, I can't find it.

All I ever get is the website page.

Hi again alove5230,

Since the contents of the file were downloaded and unpacked, from the main Windows Start screen, please click the magnifying glass at the top right of the screen, then ensure that "Everywhere" is selected from the drop-down section in the window that appears.  Next, please start typing MX7600 in the search box.  Does the MX7600 series On-Screen Manual appear as a selection?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

After I determined that the download from the Canon website was not working for me, I did some more searching and found another source for an MX7600 series On-Screen Manual. I downloaded that and it is on my desktop. So there is no way to go back and try to access the one I downloaded from the Canon website without deleting the one I have now that is already working. Sorry, I guess for now this request will have to be for information only. If you can't see anything wrong at your end, then that's about the best we can do at this point.

Announcements