cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon mx860

zc1
Apprentice

Good day,

Having problem with printing.  When I send something to print, it only prints part of it.  Example, the borders, header but not the complete contente of the letter.  Cartridge are not empty yet.

Is there a way to verify my problem

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, zc1!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof) and which applications you're trying to print from. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I use windows 

Thanks for letting us know that you're using Windows.  Do you know which version of Windows is on your computer?  Recent versions include Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7.  We look forward to your reply!

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi zc1,

Please print a test page from your PIXMA MX860.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Make sure that your PIXMA MX860 is turned on, then load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder or the Cassette.

2. Open the Paper Output Tray and then open the Output Tray Extension.

3. Press the Paper Feed Switch to select the paper source where you have loaded paper.

4. To print the nozzle check pattern:

4-1. Press the Menu button.

4-2. Select Maintenance, then press the OK button. The Maintenance screen is displayed.

4-3. Select Nozzle check pattern and then press the OK button. The pattern print confirmation screen is displayed.

4-4. Select Yes and then press the OK button.

The nozzle check pattern is printed.  Please compare your printout to the example below.

Does your nozzle check print correctly?

MX860 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements