cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon mf6180 cant scan

hsroberts
Apprentice

I have Windows 8.1. I have downloaded all the latest software and drivers and installed on the computer. Print works fine. Scan works fine by selecting the scan button on the printer. But I have to have the printer scan by selecting the Toolbox scan or using Adobe scan. I have updated the printer firmware. The message I get is code: 162,0,0 Please advise how I can resolve this.

4 REPLIES 4

Patrice
Whiz

Hi hsroberts!

The 162,0,0 error usually indicates that the machine is not set for [Remote Scanner] mode.  When scanning from the imageCLASS MF6180dw, you will need to select a scan option at the machine, before scanning to your application.  However, I would like to ask a few more questions so that I can better assist you.

1. How is the printer connected to the computer?  Is it connected wirelessly over the network or directly to the computer with a USB cable?
  2. How did you install the drivers and software?

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The printer is connected via USB. Orginally i used the CD that came with the printer. That did not work so I uninstalled everything and downloaded all the latest drivers and software.

Thank you for your reply.

Please follow the instructions below and verify if you receive the same error:

1. Verify that MF Toolbox is closed on the computer and press the [SCAN] button on the printer.
  2. Highlight [Remote Scanner] and press [OK].  The screen will show, "Remote Scanner. Waiting online...".
  3. On the computer, open the MF Toolbox and select [PDF].
  4. Click the green [START] button on the [PDF] window.  The machine will start processing the scan.

If the error persists, please follow the same steps, but on Step 3, right-click on the MFToolbox, and then select "Run as Administrator".  Proceed with the scan.

If there is no change, please contact us at 1-800-652-2666 (1-800-OK-CANON), so that we can further assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes that worked.

THanks

click here to view the gallery
Announcements