cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS5320 will not print, printer screen shows= "processing... please wait momentarily"

elenaclaire
Apprentice

I moved to a new home about a week ago and prior to moving, my printer was working flawlessly. Now, every time I try to print something, I get the message "processing... please wait momentarily." I am using windows 10 and I have tried printing wirelessly and with a wire from the printer to my computer and I get the same result. I uninstalled the printer from my computer and reinstalled it and restarted the printer a bunch of times and it has made no difference.

I know the printer works because I printed out the LAN settings from the printer and under "network diagnostics - Diagnostic result" it says "There is a problem in the settings/environment". The signal strength is at 80%.

I am not sure how to fix this issue. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Moving might have jostled something.  Please check that all trays, cover, etc, are properly inserted, seated and closed.  Also ensure there is no paper stuck inside the paper path.

Please power off the printer and disconnect from power.  If you have a USB cable connected, unplug it as well.  Now press and hold the power button for 30 sec.

Reconnect to AC power and power it on.

Result..  Does the printer start normally, or does it display processing please wait?

We need to know when this message displays.  On power up or only after printing.

On your computer:

Open services.msc

Look for the Print Spooler Service..  is it running?

Drivers for your printer are available here.  MP drivers v1.04 are latest as of this posting:

Support | TS Series - Inkjet | PIXMA TS5320 | Canon USA

If you intend to use the printer wirelessly, these instructions may help:

Canon Knowledge Base - Wireless Setup TS5320 - Windows

If the printer appears to be connected to your wireless network, verify it.  What IP did the router assign the printer?

What IP does your computer have?

Can you PING the printer from your computer?

If these things check out, the issue is likely with the computer.  its configuration, software or AV.

We can try to help with this next once the above is verified.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your reply! I'm still trying to figure out how to get my printer to work again.

To answer your questions...

After checking all the trays and covers and everything i could, I found that nothing looks out of place and there is no paper jammed.

I turned off the printer per your instructions and when the printer turned back on, the display was normal (and that has been the pattern since I've been having this problem- i usually only see the "processing, please wait momentarily..." message when i try to print something out).

The print spooler service is running. 

I do want to use the printer wirelessly, I actually moved the printer very close to the modem and printed out the LAN settings (using the printer menu) and it shows a 100% connection to the wifi and that there aren't any issues with that. However, I still get the same message when i try to print from my computer. I have 2 computers at home and this happens when I use either computer (well they're actually both laptops- if that makes a difference?). But, yesterday, i had to restart my computer and when it was restarting a page that I tried printing previously, printed out. I have not been able to print anything after that.

The IP address for my computer and the printer are different. 

I was able to ping the printer and it showed replies from the printer IP address (the command prompt window showed a 0% loss after I pinged the printer). I'm no expert in pinging but I think that means it was successful? 

zoeroza
Apprentice

I've been struggling with this issue all morning! I could print from my phone but not my laptop. I had previously printed from this laptop but not in the last 6 months. Everything was connected to the same network and I hadn't even moved the printer. 

I was able to fix the issue by opening the lid and opening and closing both my ink cartridges! The screen told me to accept that I installed a used ink cartridge, but I didn't even move the cartridges. Then my laptop popped up a message to start printing after changing the cartridges and after that it printed my test page I had been waiting for! After the test page printed i continued to get errors to load to the rear tray. Somehow my defaults got changed and I had to go into the printing preferences and update my defaults to be automatically select for letter sized paper.

Hope this helps you or someone else! 

Hi Zoe - Thank you SO much for posting this.  My Dad has had this issue since April and I have come by twice already to try and fix it and nothing worked.  YOUR find just fixed it.  I made an account JUST to thank you! 🙂 Have a great day! - Amanda

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements