cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma TR7020a printer will not accept a USB cable at the printer end. Tried two cables!

gpfournier
Apprentice

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, gpfournier!  Unless we're mistaken, it sounds like you're having trouble getting a USB cable to connect to your printer.  The PIXMA TR7020a uses an A-to-B USB cable with the flat A end going to your computer and the square B end going into your printer.  If you've made sure of this and you're experiencing a different problem, please let the community know so that we can help you.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

GPfournier,

Please take a photo of the plug and cable end you are using.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

gpfournier
Apprentice

RESOLVED!!!

I was online with Canon help and described my problem. In real-time, I was trying to connect the cable to the printer using pressure (no luck!) and then by varying the angle of entry.  Suddenly, the USB cable end felt secure.  I tried printing and was successful.  YEA!!!  Also, a shout-out to the Canon Help Desk.  I have called the Desk three times in the last month and was very impressed with the knowledge and patience of their employees.

Announcements