cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MX492 for Mac USB connection

AngelCuco1
Apprentice

I use a Mac 10.11.6 El Capitan. I would like to know how to connect my Canon Pixma MX492 to my Mac Pro (mid 2012) via USB cable.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi AngelCuco1,

You will want to plug the printer usb cord (A to B usb) in the printer port on the back of the printer. Please click HERE to see a picture.

Once the printer usb cord is connected to the printer and a usb port on your computer( do not connect to a usb hub). You will be able to add the printer if you have already installed the printer software.

If you have not installed the software, please click HERE and select drivers and downloads. You will want to download and install the MX490 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 16.20.0.0 and ICA Driver Ver. 4.1.3a. You will also want to select the software tab and download the IJ Scan Utility Ver.2.3.5 scanning program.

Once all the files have been installed, go to printers and scanner in your system preferences, click the + button and select add new printer. The printer will appear and you can select it and and then click add. The printer will now be setup.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements