cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma/MG7500 Series - Gray Cartridge not working-Printer stopped printing too

Dendad
Apprentice

Never understood the reason behind the gray cartridge other than getting more money out of consumers, but here's what happened.  My printer stopped printing.  The red light was on my gray cartridge.  I replaced the cartridge with a new one.  The ink indicator says the cartridge is full of ink.  But, the red light is on and now the printer won't print anything.  Just blank pages.  I unplugged it to reboot.  Nothing.  I clean the printheads...nothing.  I'm about to throw it in the trash.  Anyone have a similar problem.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Dendad,

If performing printhead cleanings did not get your PIXMA MG7520 to print correctly, it is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to assit you with this issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you so much for this information.  I found the tech to be very helpful.  I'm not that happy with the printer, but it wasn't the tech's fault.  It was her opinion that the cartridges I bought from Amazon at the same time I bought the printer, is what is causing the problem.  In short, they probably weren't made by Canon, so they ruined the printer.  I don't know why the printer did fine for a year with them in, but according to the tech, they did something to the print heads. 

Buyer beware, if Amazon trys to sell you cartridges for your new printer, say no thanks and stick with Canon cartridges.  I don't know how you can tell the difference, but that's not something I'm going to worry about.  I'm going to throw my year old printer away and buy a Brother lazer printer for black and while prints.  I seldom need color.

Thanks again for your help.

Announcements