cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG6620 won't turn on

monikabaptista
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma MG6620 and it has been working fine until a few days ago. I tried to turn it on & the power button lights up white for about 10 seconds then turns off. I tried plugging it directly into a wall plug (instead of a power strip), I tried using the USB plug instead of wifi, I also re-installed the drivers. Not sure what else to try. 

6 REPLIES 6

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

To try and resolve this issue, please unplug the power from the unit for about a half hour.  Then plug the unit in directly to a wall outlet to see if it will power on correctly.

If the issue persists, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Totally and utterly useless Canon so called experts!!

bendelrushing
Apprentice

I have the orange model and have had it now for about a year. Bought 2 at one time and gifted the other. No problems until I tried to turn it on and it is dead. no lights and I have tried 2 different outlets. What gives?

Brodito
Apprentice

This problem is related to the WiFi connection. Printer tries to connect to the network and when fails to connect, the printer shuts down.

Turn your Network modem off. Then, turn on printer. Go to printer settings and change LAN settings to use printer as Hutspot. You can find Access point information in the LAN settings area.

Rowena71
Apprentice

My printer MG6620 has a lightning sign on the right and wont turn on. I tried to unplug and plug but still not working. Please help what does the sign means? and how to fix it? Thanks

Hi,

The is a general hardware failure and the printer would need to be replaced. 

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements