cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma G3260 Printing photos with red hue

codejo
Apprentice

Hello there! I just bought a brand new Canon Pixma G3260 and I love everything about this printer except the fact that all my photos have a red hue to them if I print using the photo paper setting. If I print on regular paper, there is no red hue.

I did some testing to see what the issue was. If I print on photo paper using the regular paper setting, there is no red hue but, of course, the ink will smudge because the correct setting was not used. Alternatively, if I use the photo paper setting while printing on normal paper, there is still a red hue. So I've determined that the paper is not the culprit. It is in fact the printer.

This red hue is most notable when printing anything black, which is actually the primary reason I purchased this printer. In addition to printing photos, I am also using it to print labels onto glossy label paper which is very similar to photo paper. Our labels are mostly black. When I print these labels using my old Canon Pixma IP100, there is no red hue and it is dark black. When I print with the new G3260 however, it has a very noticeable red hue. I have attached images for reference.

Thank you in advance! 

IMG_0652.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

codejo
Apprentice

I just wanted to give one more example. I printed a full page version of the character on the label with a black background and it is very red as well. You can see what true black should look like in the top left corner of this image. Thanks again!

IMG_0653.jpg

Hi there! And thank you for the reply. I have tried adjusting these settings but nothing I do seems to resolve the issue. For some reason, all photo prints are coming out with a red hue once they dry. When they first come out of the printer, they look fairly accurate but after 60 seconds or so, it really starts to turn red. 

Announcements