cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma G2411 Black Ink error

KayleighR123
Apprentice

Whoever can assist here would be a miracle worker. I have a Canon Pixma G2411. I was printing some pages on normal paper (which I always have), with a black background. There were a couple lighter streaks in the black, but barely visible. A week later, I tried printing and it is now leaving completely blank white lines. 

I have done every single cleaning procedure that the assistant tool has to offer, and multiple times. I have manually cleaned the cartridge/printhead by soaking and doing the paper towel method (which I'm an expert with from my HP printer)..sadly to no avail. 

I have checked and wiped down the timing strip, no grease messed there. 

My sister has the same printer and her printhead/cartridge works fine in my printer, but mine is leaving blank lines in hers. So I have definitely boiled it down to being the printhead/cartridge. The replacement cartridge is extremely expensive to replace in South Africa, not as expensive as a new printer, but still doesn't seem reasonably priced. There are no visible differences or defects on mine versus hers. I can run it along paper towel and the black line is clear as can be, no blotching, no additional ink, just a perfectly straight black line of ink. Am I missing something? Or do I need to get a new printhead? 

I have tried printing a purge page, and the nozzle check so many times, even tried just printing a full black page, everyone is playing their part but black is choosing violence... I have attached an image of the sorcery I'm dealing with.  

To add, it's like this when I print on standard quality, but on fine quality it prints in full, but its got tiny white lines and looks like it uses less black, more of a dark grey colour. 

IMG20231208070052.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Arthur

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements