cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA G6020 Printer, error code 5200, printer is a brick

Gini
Apprentice

My printer is about 18 months old.  Gets light use (the counter says about 900 sheets have been run through it).  It was working perfectly fine until today.  I rarely print in color, but when I tried today, it was very faint and the colors were off.  I figured I'd deal with that later.  Then I tried to print something in grayscale and the printer stopped and I got the 5200 code.

I unplugged the machine for about 15 minutes then plugged it back in.  None of the buttons on the machine itself work, so I can't perform a cleaning for flush using the keys on the machine.  I signed in to the remote UI and tried to use that.  First I updated the software, no problem with that.  Then I tried to perform a cleaning, the machine immediately returned to the code 5200.

Any suggestions for what I can do?  Am I right to suspect that perhaps the jets on my color tanks have dried out from a lack of use?  If so, is there anything I can do?  Or will I have to take this somewhere to be repaired?

All of the ink tanks are more than 3/4 full.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Gini,

To resolve this error, please follow these steps:

1.  Turn your PIXMA G6020 off.

2.  After 30 seconds have passed, please turn your PIXMA G6020 back on.

3.  Please press the wrench and screwdriver button on your G6020 one time.

4.  Repeatedly press the right arrow button to select Maintenance and press OK.

5.  Press the right arrow button to select Ink Flush and then press the OK button.

6.  Choose All Colors and press OK.

7.  Check the displayed message and press the OK button.

8.  Use the left arrow to select Yes and then press the OK button.

9.  Use the left arrow again to select Yes and press OK.

The ink flush will take about 8 minutes to complete.

Once it has finished, please attempt to print.

More information can be viewed here:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/G6000%20series/EN/ERR/5200.html?ref=5200

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements