cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA 922 is not printing with magenta ink.

Dutch29
Apprentice
Canon PIXMA 922 is not printing with magenta ink. there is plenty of ink.What should I do?
I did a cleaning but it did not help.
2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi Dutch29,

Since a regular cleaning did not get the magenta ink to print, we recommend performing at least two deep cleanings to try and get the ink to print.  To perform the deep cleanings, please follow the steps located at the link below:

Print Head Deep Cleaning

If the magenta ink still does not print, the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem. Ink is available, but magenta is not printed on my MP970. Cleaning is not helpful.

If the printer really requires service, what will Canon do then?

Yesterday I was at a service center in Willich, Germany and they refused repair, because the device is too old and there are no spare parts available any more. I should better buy a new one. I think of buying an old MP970 and try exchanging parts between the printers to identify the root cause.

Or is this root cause known already by anybody? Thank you so much for further details.

Announcements