cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX920 - Scan options originally available on my Canon Quick Menu now have disappeared

mannemeric
Apprentice

I do own the printer Canon MX925. The computer operating system is MS Windows 7 Ultimate.

After reinstalling the XPS printer option on my computer it just happened that the scan options have disappeared on the Canon Quick Menu (the corresponding line in the menu is empty i.e. there are no scan icons listed anymore). Up-to-now, I still was not able to re-establish the complete functions of the Canon Quick Menu.

What has happened? Is there a more sophisticated solution to the apparent software problem other than to completely re-installing the Canon Printer Software (if this may remedy the problem)?

Kindly request the support of the "cannoncommunity" and/or of Cannon, respectively.

1 REPLY 1

BillS
Mentor

Hi mannemeric,

The XPS drivers are typically only used with Microsoft Publisher, and do not include a scanning function.  I recommend deleting the XPS drivers, and installing the MP drivers instead.  IJ Scan Utility is bundled with the MP drivers, and should restore tour ability to scan.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements