cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX892

kamalasch
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX892 all-in-one wireless printer.  It was working flawlessly when I first set it up.  I have recently moved and gotten a new network and password.  I went through all of the set-up procedures, but  I get the error message that my Macbook can't detect the printer.  When I try to print something, it says that the printer is offline, even though it is turned on and the blue wifi light is on.

Any ideas how I can get this to work?  It is working with my iPhone, but I really need to be able to print from my laptop.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi kamalasch,

What version of Mac OS X are you running on your laptop?  It sounds like something isolated to the computer since you can still print from your iPhone.  

The first thing I recommend trying is removing the printer and readding it.  Follow these steps:

1. In the Apple menu, open System Preferences.
  2. Open Print and Fax or Print and Scan.
  3. Be sure that the printer to be deleted is highlighted in the Printers section.
  4. Click the Minus (-) sign, then click 'OK' on the confirmation message.
  5. To add the printer, click the Plus (+) sign.
  6. Select the printer to add, then click 'Add'.  Be sure to add the printer with Canon IJ Network (or similar) listed in the "Kind" column.
  7. After the printer is added, attempt to print to confirm that the issue is resolved.

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That worked!  Thank you!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements