cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX892 - what are you thoughts?

jchin
Apprentice

My Brother all-in-one printer/fax/copier/scanner died.  I am considering the Canon MX892 all-in-one.  Anyone using it?  What are you thoughts?  Thanks.

I like that fact that it has separate color ink tanks.  Which ink tanks does it use the least?  I am wondering what the difference is between the 2 black inks.

4 REPLIES 4

jfo
Rising Star
Rising Star

@jchin wrote:

I like that fact that it has separate color ink tanks.  Which ink tanks does it use the least?  I am wondering what the difference is between the 2 black inks.

One is pigment-based (the PGI-225 cartridge) and the other is dye-based (the CLI-226 cartridge).

According to an owner of the MX8120 who posted here: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3053186#forum-post-39180810 , the difference is that "PGI...is used when printing documents etc. CLI black is for photos just like other CLI colours."

justamom
Apprentice

I normally love Canon because of the separate ink tanks.  I just bought this one as a replacement for my Canon MX700.  I loved that old printer - it did everything.

This one is awful - unless I just happen to have a defective model.  When copying and scanning, the colors are not the same as the original.  At first I thought it was the ink tanks, so scanned to the computer to be sure - and the scan turned out black and white (and I know I pressed the color button).

I will be returning this one.  Woman Frustrated

koshea724
Apprentice

This printer just died on me - had in less than two years - horrible - started getting error messages,

I fixed and restarted many times, just came home to print and the entire printer turned off, cannot get it back on at all!

Horrible!

Koshea724,

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements