cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MP620 printing blank pages, has new print head and new ink cartridges

Cherry_Cordial
Apprentice

Hey Y'all,

So I have a Canon MP620. It gave me that crazy printer error which I can't remember but you're supposed to replace the print head. So I replaced the print head, I have bran new ink cartridges. All the packing material is off and everything's installed correctly. But it's still printing blank pages.

I've gone through the maintenance stuff: nozzle clean, depp nozzle clean, I cleaned the roller and all that jazz. Still all blank pages. Thoughts? I just spent $100 between ink and a new print head. I should have just bought a new printer. Ack.

Thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, Cherry_Cordial!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which error message you're getting on your printer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is ready to help by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Right now there's no error message. The pages are just printing blank. 😞

Here's how everything happened:

I was printing something, and got a B200 error.

I looked it up, and saw this: http://fix-your-printer.blogspot.com/2011/10/how-to-fix-error-b200-on-canon-printers.html

I went through solutions 1 & 2:

Solution 1:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer.
  • Wait 1 hour.
  • Connect the power cable

Solution 2:

• Check and Clean Head contact pin condition of the carriage unit
  • Check Cable connection especially the carriage FFC

Neither of these worked, and Solution 3 was: Solution 3:

So I bought a new printhead and replaced it.

The error message stopped, but the printer was printing blank pages.

I:

-Made sure the ink wells were free of packing and installed correctly. (They're full as they're brand new.)

-Did the maintenance nozzle cleaning.

-Did the maintenance deep nozzle cleaning.

-Did all of the maintenance steps under the maintenance menu in Settings on the printer.

There is no error message, but the printer is still printing blank pages.

If you've got any suggestions, please let me know. I can't find anything online that addresses this (they always say to replace the printhead, and I have!)

Thanks,

CC

Bumping this thread. Danny? Anyone?

Hello Cherry_Cordial, 

It seems like you have done all the suggested troubleshooting for this error by running through the cleaning and deep cleaning options.  Please double check that there is no orange protective packaging tape remaining on the ink cartridges as well.

If the error still remains, we do apologize, but it may require service. The best thing to do is to get in touch with our technical support team at http://bit.ly/Phone_Support so we can look into which options you have.

Thanks!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements