cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MP495 Not Printing Color or Grey

rickastleyjr2
Apprentice

I did the full deep cleaning of my MP495 on both color and black ink heads. After this, the printer is no longer printing color ink or lighter grey shades. I use ink purchased from a 3rd party on ebay.

Any fixes? thanks

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rickastleyjr2,

A test page should be printed from your PIXMA MP495. The nozzle check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly:

1. Ensure that the printer is powered on and the LED displays a 1.

2. Open the paper output tray.

3. Load a sheet Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder.

4. Press the <Maintenance> button to display [A]. The Maintenance button is the button on the Operator's panel which has the wrench and screwdriver label above it.

5. Press the Black Start button. The machine will print a nozzle check pattern. Please compare the test page that you printed with the one that has been attached to the bottom of this post.

If the test page does not match the example attached to this email, printhead cleanings should be performed. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Ensure that the printer is powered on and the LED displays a 1.

2. Press the <Maintenance> button once to display [H].

3. Press the Black Start button. The cleaning will commence.

After performing a few cleanings, please print another test page.

Does the test page print correctly?  If not, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

MP495 Nozzle Test.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements