cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG7520 Incorrect Print head Error

spetrilli
Contributor

Getting incorrect print head error 1405 on Canon MG7520 printer.    This makes the 2nd Canon printer for me to fail with incorrect print head error message this year.   Is this some covert product obsolence buried in the firmware of the printers?  If you wish to keep a customer base, you best start designing and selling better quality products.   

Will a replacement printhead resolve the problem?  If so, give me the product number for it.   It is the 6 color printhead which includes gray in addition to the two blacks, cyan, magneta and yellow ink cartridges.

Do not propose a new printer unless you are willing to provide one for the cost of shipping.   The nearest authorized repair center is over 3 hours and a few hundred miles + away

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi spetrilli,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

lorra31707
Apprentice
Me too. Did this ever get solved? My printer started displaying this error out of the blue.

spetrilli
Contributor
no long term solution. I was able to resolve it short term my doing a manual printhead alignment, but the problem came back and even new printheads resolved the problem. Ended up junking the printer and getting a canon Mb2700 series printer.

Still have an MX922 still churning a long. Too bad they stopped making the mx922. I guess it turned out to be too reliable of a printer for canon

Mine won't even allow performing any maintenance, just insists the printer needs to be taken for repairs (150 miles away for me).

spetrilli
Contributor
Sorry, even new printhead DID Not resolve the problem...darn phone.

lorra31707
Apprentice
Thanks. I guess I need to buy a new printer. Why did you stick with a canon?

spetrilli
Contributor
I am staying away from the cheaper consumer models. Was thinking about an epson eco tank but they r expensive and have their problems if you do not use them much. Perhaps when these break will make the switch.

lorra31707
Apprentice
Ok thank you
Announcements