cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG2550S Printer installation issues

MarleyM71
Apprentice

Hi there,

I've just purchased the above printer and have spent the last 3 hours trying to set it up. I put in the CD ROM to download the drivers and all is going well until it states "printer is undetected" - despite it saying that the printer is detected prior to this. I have restarted the process several times, checked the power lead, the USB lead from the printer to my laptop, re-inserted the CD ROM but to no avail. I can't get past this point - so has anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MarleyM71
Apprentice
Hi Darius,
I finally went online and downloaded the drivers from the Canon website. I think the CD ROM that came with the printer was corrupted or faulty in some way. Everything is working fine now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi MarleyM71.

USB connections from laptops to Canon printers may be negatively impacted if the laptop is running on battery power. Try plugging the laptop in and ensuring that its charging when you install and use the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

MarleyM71
Apprentice
Hi Darius,
I finally went online and downloaded the drivers from the Canon website. I think the CD ROM that came with the printer was corrupted or faulty in some way. Everything is working fine now.
Announcements