cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon G6020 - Error code 495a

greg_crooks
Apprentice

My printer displays error code 495a. This is frustrating because when this error is displayed, the LCD menu system on the printer is disabled. None of the buttons do anything anymore, so I can't access the system menu to change wifi settings. The only button that does anything is the power button. When I turn it off and back on again, the message appears within 3 seconds and after that all functions are disabled.

I have made the following attempts to fix it (based on other posts I have seen on this topic)

- turning the printer off, unplugging power for 30 seconds, then replugging it back in and turning it back on

- rebooting my PC

- uninstalling and reinstalling my printer driver and going through the printer setup process

I am out of ideas and I am hoping that Canon support can help as it seems that this printer is headed for the landfill after only 18 months.

3 REPLIES 3

Kmcaneeley
Apprentice

I am having the same exact problem-it is insanely frustrating. Did you find anything that worked??

Hi - yes I did come to a solution.

First, I would say that you should try the Canon support phone number. I called 3 times, and two of the people I spoke with were absolute experts and the third was knowledgeable but not quite as good. All were very professional and really wanted to solve the problem. It’s not some outsourced help desk who can only read to you from the manual. They may be able to help you.

For me, after 90 minutes of troubleshooting we decided that my wireless card was defective. I’m out of warranty and it’s not a part you can buy and replace yourself, so I thought I had to live with hard wiring the printer to my router. But then I had an idea to buy a mini wireless router and plug the printer into that, which (after some simple configuration to connect it wireless to my home network) ended up working. It basically serves as an external wireless card for the printer. The model I got was from the GL-AR300M16 from GL .iNet and cost $31 from Amazon.

I hope this helps. There's really no good info on the web about this error.

Thank you soooooo much for your reply!! All of that information is extremely helpful and I will definitely call the canon support number. I may end up having to do what you did-so having this insight makes it easier. Thank you!!

Announcements