cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon G3200 Printer

Krazyladie
Apprentice

I just bought the Canon G3200 printer. New out of the box. I set it all up and it prints great if all you want is colour. The black does not print at all. I have tried all the trouble shooting tricks but nothing has worked. Any one have a simular problem with this model? 

6 REPLIES 6

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Krazyladie,

First, please print a test page:

1.  Load a single sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the rear tray.

2.  Pull out the paper output tray, then open the output tray extension.

3.  Hold down the STOP button on your PIXMA G3200 until the Alarm lamp flashes once, then release it immediately.

Does the test page that you printed match the example below?

If not, please perform a system cleaning.  Before performing this, please make sure that all of the inks are full:

1.  Press and hold the Stop button until the ALARM lamp blinks five times, then let it go.

The system cleaning process will begin.  This will take several minutes to complete.

Once complete, please print another test page.

G3200 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did that a number of times and the black ink still did not work. After trying for almost three hours to get the printer to work i gave up. I returned the printer to the store on sunday and explained to them my issue with the one day old purchase. I then purchased another Canon printer and have had no issues with it. Apparently after talking to the tech in the store he stated that this is a common thing that happens in mega tank printers. Hopefully my new one will never have that issue. Thank you for replying Patrick. I wish you a Happy New Year and all the Best in 2020!

Thank you!!

pcoppolo46
Contributor

I evidently put the wrong ink in my printer. I purchased a generic brand. It will not print rignt. It is faded in places. Please is there any way I can remove the ink and put the Canon ink in? 

Hi pcoppolo46,

If there is third party ink in the printer, there would not be a way to remove the ink, but you can try cleanings and a system cleaning to resolve the print quality issue.

To clean the print head, you can hold  the stop button on the printer until the alarm light flashes 3 times and then you can let go. Once the lights stop flashing and the cleaning is complete, you can use the steps provided HERE to print a nozzle check. If there are missing colors or streaks in the nozzle check, you can try cleaning the print head again.

If you are still having print quality issues after cleaning the print head twice, you can try a system cleaning by holding the stop button until the alarm light flashes 5 times and then letting go. After the system cleaning, you can try printing again to see if the issue is resolved.

If you are still having a problem with printing after you performed the system cleaning, it would mean the printer needs service. To see what service options you have, you can click link provided HERE, to create a Canon account to see what options are available to you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your help.

Announcements