cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot load MX532 drivers to Windows 11

mtpattonar
Apprentice

I have tried using both the installation disk and the online drivers.  It progresses to the point where is says "printer detected, please wait" and then nothing happens.  After about 5 minutes, a new message comes up saying printer not detected.  Same printer installed and works fine on my Windows 10 laptop.

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Is this the driver you are using for install?

mp68-win-mx530-1_01-ea33_3.exe

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I attempted your link.  It never even managed to recognize the printer, no matter what I did.

I also tried the XPS driver.  

I called Canon support and got the solution.  Apparently, Windows 11 has trouble recognizing printers via USB ports.  If this should happen to anyone else:

1. With USB cable plugged in and printer on, proceed with driver installation until receiving the message "printer not detected"

2. control panel, device manager, USB controllers.  There will be one or more USB printing supports listed.  For each, right click and uninstall.  Power printer off and on.  Printer should now be detected and installation proceed normally.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

For others using USB, this might be helpful.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements