cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect Canon Pixma MX 922 printer/scanner to T-Mobile WiFi

kaffeeTante
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma MX 922 printer/scanner that connected to my previous Wi-Fi network (Spectrum) without problems. I have updated my internet access point and service provider to T-Mobile recently. The access point device is Model TMO-G4AR. My laptop is HP Model 14 dq2053cl running on Windows 11 Home 23H2.

I went through the Canon instructions to connect the printer to the new Wi-Fi network. I used the standard set up and the steps were all clear in accordance with the instructions except the part where the instructions show the printer screen where one can type in the password of the Wi-Fi network. I get a different screen. The MAC numbers are shown, but they do not match what is on the T-Mobile device. It is one digit off (only the last one). I select it anyway and an error message comes up suggesting that I check the MAC number, but there is no way for me to make that MAC number correction on the Canon screen. I wish it just prompted me to enter in the Wi-Fi password. 

The standard setup worked well when connecting to my old Wi-Fi system from Spectrum. 

The only change is the access point and service provider, everything else remained the same in my set up. 

Can anyone help?

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements