cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon Printer

widgetwilk39
Contributor

Please can anyone tell me why, and how to get rid of Error message B203, I have a Cannon MG5650,

need help soon or else printer is in the bin!!

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

This error could indicate a more serious problem or condition, but others have said:

-Turn the printer off

-Open the front cover

-Turn the printer on and wait for the ink carraige to index itself

-Now close the cover

If the the problem occurs again, the print head might be overheating.  (voltage, overheating, etc).

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Have this problem again, solved it before, perhaps as you said, but it will not do it again, taken out printer head, cleaned, change ink cartridges still nothing,

any ideas, if not it is going and will need recomendations for a new one.

Think I'm talking to myself, but it might help, am certain the problem is the print head, which must be cleaned and DRY, before putting back.

ripples88
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma Home MG5765, which I bought in Jan 2017.  Yesterday I suddenly received the B203 error message.  I've tried the following steps but still not working and B203 keeps showing up:  1) Uninstalled MG5700 Series driver, installed new driver.  2) Removed all the ink cartridges.  Swapped the 2 near-empty ones with full ones and let the printer recalibrate.  3) Switched off the printer, unplugged it and waited at least 5 minutes before switching it back on.  I repeated step 3 multiple times. 

I am unable to clean the printer heads as per the manual's instructions since the B203 error prevents me from doing anything with the printer. 

I am using Windows 10. 

Although the B203 error states that "the printer needs repair... and contact the service center", the nearest Canon service centre is over 1 hour away.  Local unauthorised repair shops said not to bother trying to repair the Pixma printer and just buy a new printer since the Pixma only costs about AU$75, which is far cheaper than getting a repair shop to try fixing it. 

I welcome any advice as I'd rather not have to buy a new printer, particularly now that I've wasted so much $ installing new expensive ink cartridges into the Pixma printer!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements